Elizabeth Young, PT, DPT
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Drexel University (2017)
- Bachelors in Health and Exercise Science from Rowan University (2014)
- Cherokee High School (2010)
What made you pursue physical therapy as a career?
I have always had a passion for health, wellness and bettering the human body. My passion started with teaching group exercise classes during my undergraduate studies, and then transitioned to pursue further education to become a physical therapist. I am a people person, so physical therapy is the perfect career to combine my passion for exercise/rehab and working with people. I love working with people of all ages, but children have a special place in my heart. Since my teen years, my parents have owned a pre-school in Medford where I gained experience working with kids and learning about child development. I continued to grow my pediatric skills during my final clinical internship of PT school in an outpatient pediatric setting. I hope to ultimately become a pediatric certified specialist while continuing to work with people of all ages here at 3DPT.
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
There are so many qualities that make a great physical therapist, including being knowledgeable, friendly, flexible, and compassionate. I think one of the most important qualities a physical therapist can posess is passion. Passionate physical therapists will do their best to help patients achieve their goals. My passion for physical therapy helps me provide the best care for my patients while trying to make therapy as enjoyable as possible. Particularly when working with children, it is important to make therapy fun; all “exercises” become a game!
What are you interests outside of work?
- I love the outdoors! Some of my most memorable outdoor activities include hiking the national parks and running half marathons.
- I enjoy instructing group fitness classes, including spin, yoga, kickboxing and hip-hop.
- I love trying new foods and checking out new restaurants. Although I love most foods, ice-cream is 100% my favorite thing to eat.