Jeff Sallade PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, CSCS, Co-Owner
- Shawnee High School (1992)
- Masters in Physical Therapy from Ithaca College (1997)
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Evidence In Motion (2013)
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (2004)
- Sports Clinical Specialist (2010)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (2000)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instructor (2008)
What made you decide to pursue physical therapy as a career?
I played sports growing up and suffered some fairly serious injuries (2 fractured legs and a dislocated shoulder) and was in physical therapy clinics as a result. I liked the prospect of working with people who are injured and helping them get back to whatever it is they want to do again. I don’t think I have ever told a patient “No, you won’t be able to do this again”. I believe we all have the ability to do whatever we want and love helping people achieve their goals.
Why did you choose to open 3DPT in 2011?
I have always worked in an outpatient/sports medicine setting. I felt confident that I could help build the best PT practice in the area. That is our goal here every day at 3DPT – to be the best when compared to other PT practices. The best move I made was not doing it alone – having a business partner who cares about the practice as much as I do has been invaluable.
What do you feel is the key to a patient having a good experience in physical therapy?
I ask patients what their expectations are at the beginning of their care so that we are not trying to guess what they want. I feel that manual therapy is a key component to a patient’s success and incorporate this into most of my patient’s treatment plans. Above all, we ensure that our patients are met with customer service that exceeds expectations including interactions with our front desk, billing department and our therapists. One bad experience will ruin a person’s view of our business so we do everything we can to ensure that does not happen.
What are your interests outside of work?
- I love to spend time with my wife and 2 kids. Our favorite places to go are Hilton Head, Disney, and the Jersey shore.
- I am an avid runner – I usually do 1-2 marathons per year. I have started getting into triathlons and my goal is to do a full Ironman in 2016.
- I lived in Pittsburgh until I was 10 years old, so I remain loyal to their sports teams – my goal is to make sure my kids also become Pittsburgh fans.
***Along with co-owner Ken Guzzardo and 3DPT therapist Chuck Bachi, Jeff is the only therapist in south Jersey who is a certified specialist in both orthopedics and sports by the American Physical Therapy Association.***