Human Resources Generalist
- Creates and posts for job openings, conducts initial screens at discretion of manager, set up interviews at discretion of manager; collaborates with managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Conducts background checks, reference checks, license verification
- Credentialing for new hire as needed
- Implements new hire onboarding system as well as employee recognition programs
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including, but not limited to, employee payroll, benefits, and FMLA leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Conduct employee and manager level training as needed
- Maintain employee personnel files and required forms
- Train and enforce manager requirements for employee documentation and performance reviews
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to appropriate staff.
- Complete employee verification, unemployment, and disability claim requests
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications.
- May attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations. Conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel to site locations with personal vehicle as needed.
Full or Part time, Driver’s license required.