Anthony Nguyen PT, DPT
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Rutgers University
- Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science, Rutgers University
- Collingswood High School
Treatment Areas of Interest/Specialties
Spine, shoulder, and sports injuries but I enjoy treating all parts of the body.
Why I became a Physical Therapist
I pursued physical therapy because I have always wanted a career that involves helping people but also because of my love for sports and fitness. Throughout my life I have suffered multiple minor injuries, some involving the need for me to get physical therapy. From those injuries, I know firsthand how frustrating it is to be unable to do the activities that you love to do. I knew that a career in physical therapy would not only be very rewarding but also something that I love to do every day.
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
Understanding human movement and the anatomy of the human body are the most important qualities as a physical therapist. However, I believe that being a great listener, motivator, and being compassionate are also on the top of the list. Possessing these traits will allow for the physical therapist to make connections and build trust with patients, which is essential in rehabilitation.
- My main hobby is powerlifting and something that I have done for over 5 years now. I have competed in several powerlifting competitions and hope to continue to do so for years to come.
- Some of my newer hobbies are photography and golfing. Although both are very difficult, I am excited to continue to improve in them.
- I enjoy traveling and hiking. I have been able to visit several countries in Asia and I am hoping to visit many countries in Europe in the upcoming years.
- My favorite sports teams are the Eagles and the Lakers.