Carlie Strazzullo, PT, DPT
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Stockton University
- Bachelors of Science in Biology, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- Seneca High School
Treatment areas of interest and specialties
I truly love treating all diagnoses. The greatest part about this profession is the variety each day brings. With my background in sports, I enjoy working with athletes with the goal of them returning to the sport they love.
Why I became a Physical Therapist
Throughout my life, I have held many roles in the sports community whether it was being a multisport athlete, volunteer, or coach. Over years of watching sports, I gained an appreciation for the human body and its ability to produce skilled movement. From an early age, I knew I wanted to be involved in healthcare and getting people back up on their feet, and getting back to doing what they love.
My true interest in physical therapy began following a soccer-related injury my junior year of high school that required ACL reconstruction surgery. During months of physical therapy I witnessed the passion, empathy, and skill that the physical therapist possessed during my treatment. As a patient I was afforded quality time and detailed instruction from my physical therapist that allowed me to take part in my own recovery and be well informed. I treasured my experience in physical therapy and wish to create the same environment for my patients!
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
Aside from knowledge of the human body and movement dysfunction, I believe that compassion for patients and passion for the field are the most important qualities in a Physical Therapist. As a PT you cross paths with people from all walks of life. It is important that the physical therapist is empathetic, listens to the patient, and individualizes each treatment for the patient’s personal goals and needs.
- I was born and raised in Tabernacle, NJ and I love being a part of the community! I am so grateful to be able to share my passion for Physical Therapy and helping people in the towns I love!
- I enjoy being active, whether it is running, working out at the gym, or playing sports. I played lacrosse and soccer in high school and went on to play lacrosse at Stockton University where I actually helped start the team!
- I try to spend as much time outside as possible when the weather permits – the outdoors is my happy place! My husband, Joey, and I enjoy hiking and camping.
- I spend a lot of time with my family! My husband and I love spending time with our nephews Cameron and Terry.