Chuck Bachi PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, Co-Owner, Haddon Twp
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Rutgers University (2011)
- B.S. in Exercise Science from The College of New Jersey (2008)
- Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School (2004)
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (2013),
- Sports Clinical Specialist (2014)
- imPACT certified (2015)
- American Physical Therapy Association: Combined Section Meeting 2012-present
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM): Theory and Intervention Strategies
- Comprehensive Concussion Management: “Need to Know Information for Physical therapists”
- Concussion Management and Rehabilitation- APTANJ Fall Meeting
- Current Concepts of Orthopedic Physical Therapy, 3rd Edition- Independent Study Course
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment. Instructor
- Vestibular Rehabilitation- A comprehensive Clinical Approach for Positive Functional Outcome.
- Eval. and Tx Techniques for the Dysfunctional Shoulder Complex.
- Evidence-Based Knee Ligament Rehab for Physical Therapists
Treatment Areas of Interest/Specialties:
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Therapy
- Balance and falls prevention
What made you pursue physical therapy as a career?
I was first introduced to Physical Therapy as an 8th grader after injuring my shoulder playing football. I remember being shocked that I could heal myself by exercising and that I was able to take an active role in my own recovery. It was the first time in my life that a healthcare provider was not giving me medication, a shot, or glasses. I decided then that I wanted to help people help themselves by becoming a Physical Therapist!
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
- Being an active listener
I can get 90% of the information I need to help patients by listening to them and asking them the right questions.
- Effective communication
To best help my patients, I need to be able to clearly explain their best treatment plans and how it will help them. Sometimes treatments are counter intuitive and may be hard to understand how strengthening, stretching, or mobilizing one part of the body will affect another part of the body. It is my job to identify these areas and connect the dots for you.
I live in Haddon Twp, NJ with my wife, Coleen, 2 kids and dog. I am a fan of all sports, especially football and wrestling. I played just about every sport growing up and now I lift weights, swim, bike and hike for fun. I have been spending my summers at the Jersey Shore since I was a child – nothing beats it!
***Chuck is one of the few therapists in South Jersey who is a certified specialist in both orthopedics and sports by the American Physical Therapy Association.***