Jessica Jennings, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Arcadia University (2015)
- B.S. in Kinesiology from CA State University Dominguez Hills (2011)
- Active Release Technique Upper Extremity 2018
- Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS) (2018)
- Active Release Technique Lower Extremity (2017)
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) (2017)
- SFMA Certified (2015)
- Sport related injuries specifically running related injuries and overhead sports
- Vestibular/Concussion Therapy
- Hip related pathology
What made you pursue physical therapy as a career?
I have always been a fan of sports and fitness and was also very interested in biological sciences while in school. This interest led me to pursue careers in the medical field. During high school, my mother had cancer. I was home with her enough to see that the medical professionals who helped the most were the ones who spent the most time with my family. Physical Therapy is a profession that enables me to spend quality time with people and help them to attain their rehabilitation and fitness goals.
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
I truly believe that my understanding of the human body as a physical therapist, allows me to treat my patients as a whole person, and not just as a single injury. I like to involve patients in their own treatment so we can work as a team to personalize therapy and individualize goals. A hands-on approach allows me to understand what you are feeling and directly impact the structures that are involved. My goal is to make my patients feel comfortable and educated on their condition for a successful rehabilitation.
What are your interests outside of work?
- Hiking, camping, or relaxing at the beach with friends; everything is better outside.
- I love to travel and have been to Israel, Mexico, Canada, and Guatemala. I also love exploring new places in my home state of California.
- I enjoy running and I ran my first Marathon in 2018. I hope to continue running and combine racing with traveling
- I am a huge San Francisco Giants Fan!
*** Jessica is one of the only female therapists in south Jersey who is a certified specialist in both orthopedics and sports by the American Physical Therapy Association.***