Joe Strazzullo PT, DPT, Clinic Director
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Drexel University (2014)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise Science from Rutgers University (2010)
- Cherry Hill High School (2004)
- ImPACT trained concussion specialist (2017)
What made you pursue physical therapy as a career?
I injured my back in high school while golfing and needed physical therapy as a result. I always knew that I wanted to pursue a career helping others and seeing how much of an impact a therapist can have on someone, I knew this was exactly what I wanted to do. I love the fact that therapists can develop relationships with patients and provide them with the tools necessary to achieve their goals.
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
I think having a solid understanding of the anatomy of the human body and biomechanics as it relates to movement is of utmost importance. I also feel that making the patient’s experience in therapy a positive one is just as powerful. In order to do this, I believe it takes a person who truly cares about the patient and does not just concentrate on the specific body part that is injured. A therapist should view the patient as a whole and take the time to listen to their goals and expectations so that each plan of care is specific to that individual and meaningful. Therapists should also be able to adapt to various personalities and ensure the patient that their time is valuable and worth coming to therapy. I believe that a therapist should make you feel comfortable and confident in what he/she is doing, have open communication with the patient, and provide an overall positive environment throughout the patient’s care.
What are your interests outside of work?
- I enjoy playing almost every sport, but my true passion is playing hockey. I am also an avid Flyers fan and will go to their practices in Voorhees and to the games whenever I can.
- I love to travel and have been to many places including California, Colorado, Vermont, North and South Carolina, Canada, Jamaica, and Greece. My goal is to visit all 50 states and someday travel to Switzerland.
- My favorite place to be is the beach. I love being in the ocean and playing sports on the beach.