Kaitlin Hartnett, PT, DPT, CSCS
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Northeastern University (2016)
- Bachelor of Rehabilitation Sciences from Northeastern University (2015)
- Seneca High School (2010)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (2016)
What made you pursue physical therapy as a career?
My interest in the physical therapy profession started through my love of playing multiple sports (field hockey, lacrosse, and ice hockey) and spending time as an athletic training intern where I really appreciated the movements our bodies are capable of! I then realized PT could be so much more than sports as I watched some of my family members go through a very different journey of rehab to overcome illness and the positive impact PT had on their lives. I also have to thank our very own owners Ken and Jeff for letting me shadow and work with them in my high school/early college years to gain experience in the field. My time with them early on in my journey to becoming a PT really motivated me to become the best therapist I can be!
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
I think the most important qualities are listening, adaptability and application so that you can turn your patient’s needs into a solution. Connecting with patients on a personal level by listening to their own passions, goals, and even fears will help the therapist develop a treatment plan that is optimal for a successful outcome! Having the anatomy and physiology knowledge to adapt treatment plans and apply patient goals to functional movements is crucial whether it be to perform a high level sport, walk independently without falls in their home, or just return to daily activities without pain.
What are your interests outside of work?
- Cheering on the Flyers or any other Philadelphia sports team!
- Having lived in Michigan, Arizona, New York City and Boston my fiancé and I love exploring new places and traveling! You can find us hiking, relaxing on the beach, or walking around a new city. We also are huge Disney fans so we try to make a trip to Disney World whenever we can!
- I love spending time throwing the Frisbee to our energetic border collie Rory or taking long walks with our playful puppy Birdie.
- Field hockey has always been a passion of mine and I’m glad I can pass on my knowledge coaching the Seneca youth field hockey team during the fall season!