Ken Guzzardo PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, Cert LSVT-BIG, Co-Owner
- Bachelors in Biology from St. Joseph’s University, Phila. Pa (2002)
- Masters in Physical Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University, Phila Pa (2004)
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Temple University, Phila Pa (2007)
- ImPACT trained concussion specialist (2017)
- Certified F.R. Upper Limb Provider (2016)
- LSVT-BIG certified (2015)
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (2008)
- Sports Clinical Specialist (2012)
- Certified Golf Fitness Instructor (2010)
- Certified in Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) (2015)
- Certified Clinical Instructor (2009)
What made you decide to pursue Physical Therapy as a career?
Growing up, I was always interested in sports and science. My mother is a nurse, so I got to see first-hand the satisfaction of helping people each and every day. I wanted a profession that could provide a challenge of constantly learning and reading to stay current as a clinician as well as have the ability to make a positive impact in the lives of others. Physical Therapy is the dream job for me.
Why did you choose to open 3DPT in 2011?
I have worked at a number of Physical Therapy clinics in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. I have seen some great care and work environments, and I have seen some poor care and work environments. I knew that there had to be a way to deliver to clients what a Physical Therapy experience is supposed to be, while building a team approach to treating and working each day. I am thankful to work with the people who I get to work with each day, and am fortunate to have a business partner who has the same values and morals as I do.
What do you feel are the key attributes for a Physical Therapist?
The desire to learn, ability to listen to your clients, flexibility to treat each individual as an individual not use the same treatment for each person, empathy, and compassion
What are your interests outside of work?
I recently moved to Medford with my wife and two daughters. I enjoy spending time with my family. We try to get to the Jersey shore as well as Disney often. I also like to watch as much baseball and football as I can.
***Along with co-owner Jeff Sallade and 3DPT therapist Chuck Bachi, Ken is the only therapist in south Jersey who is a certified specialist in both orthopedics and sports by the American Physical Therapy Association.***