Sean King, PT, DPT, OCS
Traveling Physical Therapist
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Arcadia University
- BS in Health and Exercise Science, Rowan University
- Northern Valley Regional High School
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Residency and Musculoskeletal Certificate, Arcadia University
Treatment Areas of Interest/Specialities
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Sports Overuse and Traumatic Injuries
Why I became a Physical Therapist
In College, I badly injured my knee playing basketball and I spent six months in physical therapy. The sincere care and education that I received to literally get me back on my feet and ultimately back to full function helped to solidify the decision to pursue my doctorate of physical therapy. My experience as a patient gave me an opportunity to understand the impact physical therapists can have on the quality of life of others. I am excited to continue to provide that same care throughout my professional career as a Physical Therapist.
What do you feel are the most important qualities in a physical therapist?
- Being a knowledgeable “human movement specialist” who is able to discover any impairments, compare them to the most relevant and up to date evidence based research, and develop a thorough plan of care to help patients work to reach their goals.
- Having patience and great listening/communication skills so I can use the information we gather to educate and motivate patients as needed. With our opportunity in today’s busy healthcare system to spend a great deal of time with our patients, we can establish friendly and open relationships. With everyone on the same page, great outcomes become achievable.
- Playing and watching any sport